Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Keaton's 1st Youth Lesson

This was Keaton's first try at public speaking and I think it was a success! Matthew Clark asked Keaton to give a devotion Wednesday night in Youth Class. Keaton's lesson was on "Facing the Giants in our Life." He read the story of David & Goliath and then made some spiritual applications to the giant David faced and the "giants" or problems in our life that we face. David overcame the giant because of God's strength and help and that is how we can overcome the "giants" in our life.
Bro. John asked Keaton if he would speak in the Sanctuary so everyone could hear him. He didn't want to do that, but he did agree that everyone could come back in the youth room and hear him. It was a small crowd and Bro. John said he saw Keaton counting everyone before he got up there to speak!
I know his Nanny would have been proud of him. We also call him "Stanley" at times because he reminds us so much of my granddaddy Kendall. I know his great granddaddy Kendall would have been proud of him, as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keaton, I enjoyed seeing the pictures and reading about your first Youth Lesson. Pappa had told me you were going to give it. Your great granddad Kendall certainly would be proud of you. Set your course and keep straight to the end. Aunt Betty